Bishop’s Gate Hotel
The exquisite Grade B1 listed Bishop’s Gate Hotel is located within the historic city walls in the heart of Derry City’s Cathedral Quarter. Previously known as ‘The Northern Counties Club’ it originally opened its doors in 1893, offering a base for businessmen and intellects of the city to meet together.
When its use as a private club ceased, the building fell into disrepair, however the recent restoration has significantly improved one of Derry’s most historic areas, breathing new life into the building. In its reincarnation it now features 31 luxury guest rooms, including 2 suites, a residents lounge, fitness area, restaurant, champagne and cocktail bar and a 100 person capacity ballroom.
Delap & Waller were appointed to design the Mechanical and Electrical Services for the entire building.
The Bishop’s Gate Hotel project won the Tourism & Leisure Category of the 2017 RICS Awards.
Client Name:Inner City Trust
D&W Contact:Ryan Scott
Project Location:Derry City
July 23, 2016